DHL Express Terms and Conditions of Carriage
("Terms and Conditions")
When ordering DHL's services you, as "Shipper", are agreeing, on your behalf and on behalf of the consignee of the Shipment ("Consignee") and anyone else with an interest in the Shipment that these Terms and Conditions shall apply.
"Shipment" means all documents or parcels that travel under one waybill and which may be carried by any means DHL chooses, including air, road or any other carrier. A "waybill" shall include any Shipment identifier or document produced by DHL or Shipper automated systems such as a label, barcode, waybill or consignment note as well as any electronic version thereof. Every Shipment is transported on a limited liability basis as provided herein. If Shipper requires greater protection, then insurance may be arranged at an additional cost. (Please see below for further information). "DHL" means any member of the DHL Express Network.
|1. Customs Clearance and Regulatory Compliance|
|2. Unacceptable Shipments|
- it contains complete firearms, ammunition, explosives, explosive devices or test pieces, air guns, replica or imitation firearms; counterfeit goods; cash; bullion (of any precious metal); live animals, prohibited animal parts or remains, such as ivory; human remains or ashes; loose precious or semi-precious stones; cannabis or its derivatives; or illegal goods, such as narcotics or other illegal drugs,
- it is classified as hazardous material, dangerous goods, prohibited or restricted articles under ADR (European Road Transport Regulation on dangerous goods) or by IATA (International Air Transport Association), ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization), or other relevant organization ("Dangerous Goods"),
- it contains any other item which DHL cannot carry safely or legally,
- the address is incorrect or not properly marked or its packaging is defective or inadequate to ensure safe transportation with ordinary care in handling,
- Shipper, Consignee or any other party with a direct or indirect interest in the Shipment is listed on any applicable sanctions lists as a denied or restricted party.
|3. Deliveries and Undeliverables|
Shipments cannot be delivered to PO boxes or postal codes. Shipments are delivered to the Consignee's address given by Shipper but not necessarily to the named Consignee personally. Shipments to addresses with a central receiving area will be delivered to that area.
DHL may notify Consignee of an upcoming delivery or a missed delivery. Consignee may be offered alternative delivery options such as delivery on another day, no signature required, redirection or collection at a DHL Service Point.
If the Shipment is deemed to be unacceptable as described in Section 2, it has been undervalued for customs purposes, Consignee cannot be reasonably identified or located, or Consignee refuses delivery or to pay Customs Duties or other Shipment charges, DHL shall use reasonable efforts to return the Shipment to Shipper. This shall be at Shipper's cost. If it is not possible to return the Shipment, it may be released, abandoned, disposed of or sold without incurring any liability whatsoever to Shipper or anyone else. DHL shall have the right to destroy any Shipment if DHL is prevented by any law or law enforcement agency from returning it in whole or in part to Shipper, as well as any Shipment of Dangerous Goods.
|5. Shipment Charges, Duties and Fees|
DHL's Shipment charges are calculated according to the higher of actual or volumetric weight per piece and any piece may be re-weighed and re-measured by DHL to confirm this calculation.
Payment of Customs Duties and other charges due as indicated on DHL's website in the receiving country may be requested from Consignee prior to delivery.
This includes a fee if DHL uses its credit with the Customs Authorities or pays any Customs Duties on Consignee's behalf. Shipper shall pay or reimburse DHL for all Customs Duties and other charges due for services provided by DHL or incurred by DHL on Shipper's or Consignee's behalf if Consignee has failed to pay.
|6. DHL's Liability|
6.1 DHL's liability in respect of any one Shipment transported by air (including ancillary road transport or stops en route) is limited by the Montreal Convention or the Warsaw Convention as applicable, or in the absence of such Convention, to the lower of (i) the current market or declared value, or (ii) 22 Special Drawing Rights per kilogram (approximately $US 30.00 per kilogram). Such limits shall also apply to all other forms of transportation, except where Shipments are carried only by road, when the limits below apply.
For cross border Shipments transported by road, DHL's liability is or shall be deemed to be limited by the Convention for the International Carriage of Goods by Road (CMR) to the lower of (i) current market value or declared value, or (ii) 8.33 Special Drawing Rights per kilogram (approximately $US 11.00 per kilogram). Such limits will also apply to national road transportation in the absence of any mandatory or lower liability limits in the applicable national transport law.
If Shipper regards these limits as insufficient it must make a special declaration of value and request insurance as described in Section 8 or make its own insurance arrangements.
DHL's liability is strictly limited to direct loss and damage to a Shipment only and to the per kilogram limits in this Section 6. All other types of loss or damage are excluded (including but not limited to lost profits, income, interest, future business), whether such loss or damage is special or indirect, and even if the risk of such loss or damage was brought to DHL's attention.
6.2 DHL will make every reasonable effort to deliver the Shipment according to DHL's regular delivery schedules, but these schedules are not binding and do not form part of the contract. DHL is not liable for any damages or loss caused by delay, but for certain Shipments, Shipper may be able to claim limited delay compensation under the Money Back Guarantee terms and conditions.
|8. Shipment Insurance|
|9. Circumstances Beyond DHL's Control|
|10. Shipper's Representations, Warranties and Indemnities|
- the Shipment is acceptable for transport under Section 2 above,
- the Shipment was prepared in secure premises by reliable persons and was protected against unauthorized interference during preparation, storage and any transportation to DHL,
- Shipper has complied with applicable export control, sanctions, customs laws and regulations or other applicable regulatory requirements and restrictions related to the import, export, transit or transfer of goods,
- Shipper has declared to DHL any controlled dual-use or military goods subject to government authorizations contained in the Shipment,
- Shipper has provided all information, permits, licenses or other government authorizations and documents, as required by applicable law or upon request from DHL, and all information, permits, licenses or other government authorizations and documents provided by Shipper or its representatives are true, complete and accurate, including the value and description of the goods and Shipper and Consignee information,
- when providing personal data to DHL, Shipper has complied with its legal obligations to process and share this data, including informing the affected individuals that personal data, including Consignee’s email address and mobile phone number, is required for transport, customs clearance and delivery.
|12. Governing Law|
|14. Annex to Terms and Conditions|
1. This annex („Annex“) is an integral part of the DHL Express Terms and Conditions of Carriage („Terms and Conditions“) and closer regulates terms and conditions of postal services which are defined below and which are provided by DHL Express (Czech Republic) s.r.o., with its registered office at Nadrazni 2967/93, Moravska Ostrava, 702 00 Ostrava, Reg. Id. No.: 25683446, registered in the in the Commercial Register kept by the Regional Court in Ostrava, file C 27002 (“Company”).
2. The Terms and Conditions together with this Annex form one part and shall apply on Services as defined hereinafter. In the event of any discrepancies between the Annex and the Terms and Conditions, this Annex shall prevail.
3. Unless otherwise agreed, capitalized terms have the meaning set forth in the Terms and Conditions.
4. Customer means a person who purchased a postal service or on whose account a postal service has been purchased.
5. Postal services means:
a) express transport of shipments up to 50 kg – domestic
b) express transport of shipments up to 50 kg – export
c) express transport of shipments up to 50 kg – import
More details related to the products could be find on web pages:
6. The contract on providing of the postal services is concluded on the basis of a Shipper’s order and at the time when the Shipment is handed over to the Company to be transported.
7. The Shipper is obliged to arrange and pack a Shipment so that the Shipment is adequately and effectively protected against possible damage to the Shipment itself and also not to cause damage to other shipments transported by DHL or to equipment used by DHL.
8. Charges for the services is stated in the price list, which is publicly available at each of the Company's premises, and on the web page:
The price of a specific transport can be obtained at the following link:
9. Unless otherwise agreed between the Company and the Shipper, the Shipper will pay the charge for the services in cash or by credit card.
In the case the service was ordered by telephone, the Company will measure the Shipment upon its receipt and the Customer will be notified of the charge based on the size of the Shipment.
In the case the service was ordered via online DHL application, the charge will be calculated based on the size of the Shipment entered by the Customer. Upon receipt of the Shipment, the Company will re-measure the Shipment, and if it appears that the size do not match the one that entered by the Customer into the application, the Company will notify the Customer about the charge based on the re-measured values of the Shipment.
10. The Customer is entitled to submit a claim according to Article 7 of the Terms and Conditions as follows:
a) by email: email@example.com, or
b) via the Internet interface at: https://mydhl.express.dhl/en/en/help-and-support.html#/contact_us, or
c) via the Company's telephone line: 840 103 000 / 220 300 111 with possible subsequent sending of photo documentation by e-mail or via the DHL web file sharing interface.
The deadline for settling the claim is 30 days from the date on which the Company receives all the documents necessary to assess the legitimacy of the claim.
11. If the Company does not satisfy or settle the claim on provided postal service, the Customer is entitled to file a motion to initiate proceedings on objections to the settlement of claim to the Czech Telecommunication Office, based at Sokolovska 219, Prague 9, postal address: post box 02, 225 02 Prague 025, www.ctu.cz, without undue delay, but no later than within one month from the date of delivery of the settlement of the claim or the expiration of the
time limit for its settlement, otherwise the right to raise the objection expires. The submission of a proposal is subject to an administrative fee.
12. In the event that between the Company and the Customer, who is consumer in the sense of the Act. No. 634/1992 Coll., Consumer Protection Act, as amended, arises consumer dispute, that cannot be solved by mutual agreement, the consumer may apply for an out-of-court settlement of the dispute to the designated authority for out-of-court consumer disputes, which is:
− Czech Telecommunication Office, with its registered office at Sokolovska 219, Prague 9, postal address: postal box 02, 225 02 Prague 025, www.ctu.cz, in case of disputes concerning postal services, and
− The Czech Trade Inspection Authority, Central Inspectorate - ADR Department, with registered office at Stepanska 15, 120 00 Prague 2, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: www.coi.cz, in case of disputes concerning other services provided by the Company .
The consumer can also use the online dispute resolution platform set up by the European Commission: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
13. The Company may open a Shipment if:
a) it cannot be delivered and cannot be returned, or should not be returned under the contract;
b) there is a reasonable suspicion that it contains an item regarded by the Terms and Conditions as suspicious, or an item that is unacceptable under the Terms and Conditions
c) it has been damaged, for example if it has a damaged packaging or shows signs of damage to the contents, the contents leak, during handling it is heard that the contents are broken, etc.;
d) there is a reasonable suspicious that damage could occur before delivery;
e) it is necessary to comply with the duties imposed on the Company by law.
The Company shall inform the Consignee about opening the Shipment upon delivery of the Shipment, or the Sipper in case of return the Shipment. The affixing of the Shipment with the label entitled "Security inspection" and the DHL logo will be considered as fulfilment of the Company's information obligation.
14. The Company is entitled to sell the Shipment or its part thereof, after 45 days from the attempt to deliver the Shipment, if the Shipper not instructed the Company to proceed otherwise and if
a) the Shipment cannot be delivered and cannot be returned, or should not be returned under the postal contract; or
b) there is a reasonable suspicious that the contents of the Shipment could be impaired before delivery.
15. The Company is entitled (in addition to the cases specified in the Terms and Conditions) to destroy the Shipment or its part thereof after 30 days from the second attempt to deliver the Shipment if:
a) the content of the Shipment, in whole or its part, has been impaired or this can be reasonably expected;
b) the Shipment, which cannot be delivered and it cannot be returned or is not to be returned according to the contract was not sold;
c) the contents of the Shipment or its part may be destroyed before the expiry of the above-mentioned period, if this is necessary to ensure the protection of human health or to ensure protection against damage.
16. When concluding the postal contract any deviation from the Terms and Conditions and this Annex cannot be agreed.
17. The Company is entitled to unilaterally change the wording of the Terms and Conditions, including this Annex, at any time. If the Company makes a change to the Terms and Conditions, including this Annex, the new version shall be published at https://mydhl.express.dhl/cz/en/legal.html and it shall be available at Company’s premises. The change shall be effective not earlier than thirty (30) days after its publication.