Fuel Surcharge Index Update
DHL Service Suspensions
Emergency Situation Surcharge Adjustment – Effective April 10, 2022
Fraudulent SMS Alert
DHL has been alerted of the unauthorized use of its business name in SMS messages asking receivers to download an application with the extension '.apk'. We encourage you to let us know at your earliest convenience by sending a screenshot of the suspicious SMS to firstname.lastname@example.org, include the suspicious phone number in the message. After reporting the fraudulent message, please delete it and under no circumstance should you download the application.
Fuel Surcharge Index Update
Security Inspections for Shipments Sent via DHL Express
When shipping, several regulations & policies must be observed. Therefore, DHL reserves the right to physically inspect any item tendered for carriage. Shipments lodged by our cash or credit card paying customers require 100% physical inspection. This policy is aligned with the legal and regulatory requirements of numerous governments and other regulatory authorities for the express delivery industry to ensure only legitimate shipments are processed.
Shipments may also be subject to other security control methods deemed necessary, such as Sniffer Dogs or X-ray without prior notice to the Shipper, Consignee and/or Payer.
Please note: As Items sent as gifts (Birthdays, Festive or Seasonal Celebrations etc.) are also subject to the same inspection(s) as noted above, Shippers are therefore advised not to wrap gifts or seal shipments upon tendering.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Continued Suspension of Military Item Shipments
Until further notice, DHL Express will not accept shipments of military items subject to national export (or extra-territorial re-export) controls. Customers will be notified as soon as the suspension is lifted.
This suspension does not include domestic shipments or shipments of licensed dual-use items.
If you are uncertain whether your shipment contains military items subject to national export controls, please contact your national licensing authority.
DHL Express Spain update on COVID-19
After the Royal Decree declaring the State of Alarm on March 14, 2020, we confirm that DHL Express is operating normally throughout the country.
In this Royal Decree no restriction is established to the activity of the transport of merchandise to guarantee the supply of goods to the population in general and to the rest of the economic and productive activities. The restrictions introduced refer exclusively to the movement of people leaving the free movement of goods.
The company is taking all necessary measures to face the crisis situation, giving the highest priority to health and safety to protect our customers, our staff and anyone who interacts with our network.
The situation is constantly evolving and, therefore, the measures implemented will be gradually modified and adapted to needs.
Even in a time of particular difficulty, we continue to strive to guarantee our customers the best quality of service.
DHL TASK FORCE FOR CORONAVIRUS
The safety of our employees and customers is paramount and the situation is changing rapidly, therefore constant monitoring is required. In this sense, DHL Express Spain has established a Coronavirus working group, led by CEO Miguel Borrás, who coordinates with the different functions of the company, monitoring the situation daily.
DHL tasks force tasks:
- Implementation of prevention measures to guarantee the safety of employees and customers.
- Implement contingency measures to mitigate any potential impact on the business.
- Keep employees and customers constantly informed of any update.
We keep our employees updated daily, through internal means, with updated publications and quarantine precautionary measures have been implemented in line with the instructions of the local health authorities.
Social distancing measures
- Keep at least 1 meter away from each other.
- Avoid physical contact (i.e., handshake, hugging)
- Ban face-to-face meetings and substitute for teleconferences.
Hygienic label measures
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water (more than 20 seconds)
- Cover the mouth when coughing or sneezing (with disposable tissues or flexed elbow)
- Avoid touching your face (eyes, nose or mouth) with your hands without washing.
- Avoid close contact with sick people, sneezing or coughing
- Stay home when you are sick and when recommended by the authorities.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that people touch frequently.
Although the movement of goods is not being affected by the expansion of the SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus, DHL has activated its Crisis plan to assess the current situation and establish the appropriate preventive measures to minimize the impact on our business, as well as establish the contingency and business continuity measures in order to recover normality in our operations as soon as possible if necessary.
Measures for the distribution of goods
There is no evidence that infection with any type of coronavirus is possible through contact with objects or packages, including those arriving from areas where cases have been reported. Even so, we have implemented exceptional measures to avoid contacts and offer alternatives to any customer who does not want to sign through the scanner screen.
- The courier must wear latex gloves to use the scanner.
- The courier must always keep a minimum of one meter away from the customer.
- The package must be left on the ground, more than a meter away from the client.
- The client can sign on a blank sheet or on the package itself and the courier can capture the photo from the scanner.
- The couriers regularly disinfect their hands and the scanner with disinfecting liquid.
In case you need more specific details about the operational status in a certain country or about a particular shipment, please contact your commercial agent or customer service representative.