The Journey of a Package
Watch how your package travels with DHL and learn how we can help you with each step of the journey.
Scroll for More
Pack for the Trip
Careful packing will prepare your shipment for the journey.
- Pack like a pro
- Let DHL pack it for you
- Find out what you can and cannot ship
- Consider shipment protection
Get Documents Ready
Be sure to include all the required shipment documents.
- A shipping label – create it online via MyDHL+
- In many cases you’ll need to prepare a customs invoice
- Local customs regulations may require additional documents
Get It to DHL
Once you’ve created a shipping label and selected a delivery service, your package is ready for hand over DHL!
- Find a drop off location
- Request a Pickup
Cruise at 500+ Miles Per Hour
As your shipment moves around the world within the DHL network, you can track online or receive instant notifications. Each status update includes real-time shipment progress.
Customs authorities work with DHL to expedite clearance. What you need to know about customs:
- DHL has Customs Services to help you
- You can receive customs notifications
- Duties and taxes may apply
To ensure the highest level of service, DHL requires a signature when delivered.
- Shippers can include specific signature service options when creating the shipment
- Recipients can schedule delivery for when they're home or to leave with a neighbor