Upload and Map Quick Tips
It's fast and easy to upload many contacts to the address book! The customize process uses your file setup to map fields with the MyDHL+ Address Book.
- The manual option allows you to provide your data in any order for mapping to our address book fields.
- As long as the information in your file meets our guidelines, the contacts will upload successfully.
- After uploading the file and mapping the fields, your contacts are immediately available for shipping!
- You'll be able to save your field mapping solution to use it again as an automated option.
To upload contacts successfully, be sure the information meets our file guidelines.
First time uploading contacts into your address book? You can test the different options by uploading one test contact.
- Check how it appears in your address book,
- Get a good idea of which contact details go into the address book fields,
- And, see how easy it is to modify and delete contacts.
- Check if your file contains a header row
- Check if details need to be truncated
- Provide the field delimiter, and if applicable, text delimiter
Example: “DHL Express”,”John Smith”, “Address 1”
The field delimiter is a comma (,) and the text delimiter is a quotation mark (“).
- Select your character set, if unsure select UTF-8
- Upload and select your file
If you encounter any issues with uploading your file:
- We’ll provide specific information for you to update the contact and try uploading the file again.
- And if you need assistance, we’re here to help! Contact us at: 0860 345 000 or +27-11-921 3600